Safety Training – 25 Aug 18 – Ski First Aid
Ever wondered what to do if you, a member of your ride group or just someone in trouble has a broken down ski?
This Ski First Aid best practices session is for you:
- Basic maintenance ahead of a day out
- Towing procedures (tow taps/clamps)
- Towing equipment
- Dual towing sunken vessels
- Jumpstarting a ski
- Tips and tricks for broken down skis
- Jammed pumps / rope removal
- Workshop 8:30 to approx 10:30am 25 August 2018
- Social ride including practice time thereafter, concluding with an early afternoon lunch
Where: Paradise Point Boat Ramp, 16 Paradise Parade, Paradise Point QLD 4216
Cost: Free to AJSA members. Not a member, please join us.
Value AJSA’s work in sharing best practices? A $25 tax deductible donation is greatly appreciated through the Australian Sports Foundation
What’s required for the workshop:
- Note taking device / paper
- A signed liability waiver – we’ll provide upon registration.
What’s recommended for the post workshop social ride:
- Registered and insured ski, full tank fuel, food, water, money for lunch
- Ride kit: Wetsuit, boots, gloves, helmets, goggles, warm jacket and dry towel, dry change of clothing
- Safety kit: L50 PFD, Flares, V Sheet, PLB, anchor, first aid kit
- Rescue kit: Long strong floating ropes, hose clamps, small tool kit, rescue board
- Communications: BbTalkin, VHF Radio, mobile
To register, please complete the form below.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Please follow and like us: